Loading/Saving issues

Please upload bugs and issues as noted and discovered. We will look through all of these and migrate unique ones into Jira, where we track through to resolution.
StuartM

Loading/Saving issues

Post by StuartM » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:36 pm

State is not correctly restored after a load when in a new level.
E.g. Key stayed in the backpack when reloaded, and disappeared from car.
E.g. keys spawned in front of face when going into lower level

Velgus

Re: Loading/Saving issues

Post by Velgus » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:54 am

v .50

Summary Line: Loading Point Above Trampoline

Actual Result:
I loaded my save file at a point after I had successfully teleported from the CIM onto the trampoline, but before I reached the cemetery wall to climb over. Specifically, I had just passed through the gap in the fence near the brush and falllen trees. After loading the save file I respawned at a point that appeared to be below the trampoline underneath the ground layer of the world. I continued to fall endlessly. Reloading the same save file resulted in the same result.

Expected Result:
I expected to respawn on top of the trampoline, as repeating the teleporter process seems redundant, and I haven't reached the next main area of the cemetery which I believe is the next check point. The trampoline is also safe since there was no glitch there after teleporting and easy to navigate from.

Steps To Replicate:
Teleport using the CIM from Transition Room 1 (making sure the walkie talkie was placed on the trampoline earlier). You will teleport above the trampoline and come to rest safely on top of it. Then load the save file that was automatically created. Observe the player character falling endlessly beneath the ground layer of the world.

Severity: A (A is most severe, D is least severe)
This is a very severe issue likely to affect many players as there is a regular opportunity to die on the way to the next checkpoint in the cemetery, from further exploration of the suburb, or just reloading a save file during the next game session the player has. The only way out of this issue seems to be starting a new game and save file.

Velgus

Post by Velgus » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:19 pm

v .50

Summary Line: Transition Room Radio Not Present

Actual Result:
The Radio that spawns in Transition Room 1 between the two computer monitors on the desk was not present in my playthrough. Only the walkie talkie and other items on the desk (screwdrivers, monitors, etc.)

Expected Result:
I expected the radio to be on the desk, as it is required to activate the CIM and progress. It also conveys important narrative information. Visually there is a walkie talkie with a connected cord that looks like it should be plugged in.

Steps To Replicate:
I can't tell if this issue is consistent. I tried twice on version .50 and got the same result of the radio not being present on the desk in the Transition Room. My guess is that it is an issue with existing save files, perhaps even from previous versions of the game. To replicate, play one game where your player character takes the Transition Room radio and uses the CIM. Then start another game file to observe if the radio is present.

Severity: A (A is most severe, D is least severe)
This is a very severe issue that potentially affects many players. Players can potentially not progress through the Transition Room, at least on subsequent playthroughs. I'm not aware of a way around this issue.

Velgus

Post by Velgus » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:45 pm

v .52

I'm still experiencing load/save issues with the newest release, which makes it difficult, perhaps impossible for me to progress.

I played a New Game on Normal as the first game after the v .52 update on Steam. After placing the walkie talkie on the trampoline I went back to the starting house. The generator was off and so was the power, even though I turned on the power and went on the computer before leaving. I continued my playthrough through the Transition Room CIM and into the cemetery. In the cemetery I successfully jumped onto the roof of the pump station structure. However, while peering over the edge to look at the dog enemies I was attacked and killed (while still on the edge of the roof where I thought I was safe). Clicking Continue from the main menu I respawned at the bottom of the ladder connecting the shed and underground, and I was no longer carrying any items (I previously had walkie talkie, security card, and windup flashlight). The trapdoor at the top of the ladder was closed. In the Transition Room the radio where I listen to Sue was not present, just the walkie talkie. The security card was also not present. The computer monitor on the desk no longer had the code typed in. I was unable to get into the CIM or exit through the shed, so I was stuck.

StuartM

Post by StuartM » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 am

Sorry,I should have said - this problem was not fixed in v0.52 - only the menu system and some minor bugs.

It will change in 0.54 - so wait for this.

Note - 0.53 is making a change to the object handling system - based in part on some of your feedback - so when that is released - please have a play and let me know your thoughts. See note here: http://www.discrepantgame.com/forum/vie ... 2&t=12#p77